Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Gotta Haves!


Okay I am often asked what my favorite make up is so I thought I would mention a few of my must haves! My mom sparked my love for makeup. If you combined my makeup, my mom's makeup, and my sister's makeup we could probably open up our own store. Seriously it's a sick obsession. But come on really....what girl doesn't love make up?!?

.
.

Okay primer is KEY ladies! My make up literally stays on all day long with this stuff. It's called "that gal" from Benefit and I love, love, LOVE it! It goes on really smoothly and just helps the make up set and last.

.
.

This might be favorite thing of all. It's eyeshadow primer from MAC. MAC is by far my favorite cosmetic brand of all time (thank you mom for starting me out on the good stuff). I always put this on before my eye shadow and the eye shadow literally won't come off until I wash it off. It's wonderful ladies...a little gift from God.

.
.
So of course it only seems appropriate that my favorite eye shadow would be MAC as well. I really love the variety of their colors and how vibrant they are once you put them on. A little bit goes a long way with this shadow!

My Favs: Jest & Satin Taupe

If you really wanna have a little fun go to the MAC counter sometime and have them do your makeup. You might end up looking like a drag queen (and there is a VERY good chance a drag queen might be doing your makeup at MAC), but they can really give some great tips! Man those boys know how to do makeup.

.
.


Sugarbomb blush by Benefit is just lovely! It is very soft and because it has the four color plates it really seems to go with every skin tone. I also love it because it would take some serious work to make it look too harsh! I hate when I do my makeup in my bathroom and it looks fabu and then I get in the car and look in the mirror and I look like a clown. Can't do that with this stuff!

.
.




Love this mascara! Bad Gal Lash by Benefit. Okay obviously I love Benefit cosmetics almost as much as MAC....and I love all the names they put on their cosmetics. Anywho....this mascara is great if you like big dramatic lashes. The brush is a little thick so that takes some getting used to.


.
.
And to finish off your look I would GREATLY advise Smashbox lip gloss. It lasts and lasts and lasts. And it doesn't leave that gunky white film around your lips like some gloss can. It tastes good too!

Okay now go shopping (don't tell the hubbies) and have a splendidly beautiful day!

2 comments:

  1. um, I may be the one girl who doesn't love make-up. I don't wear that much and I can put it on in less than 3 minutes while in the car (not driving though). While driving it may take 5 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And in my head as I was typing I was thinking "Em might be the ONLY exception this rule." I was right. Your just the nail polish and chap stick queen :)

    ReplyDelete