It's the little things in life that I love the most....and God has a way of slipping them into my day! A few weeks ago I was quite the grumpy gus. Seriously, I apologize for whoever I complained to over...and over...and over. I decided to start focusing on the little gifts God blesses me with and immediately I had a major 'tude' adjustment. Then I realized He has always been blessing me with gifts on a daily basis, but I didn't take the time to notice it. So now I'm turning a new leaf and appreciating the little things He does for me (and the big ones).
A few of my favorites:
1. My sweet puppy in the morning when she stretches and groans just because she hates getting up as much as I do.
2. The Rain (which I'm enjoying at this very moment)
3. The smell of chimneys being used
4. Babies laughing so hard that their eyes look like they might bug out of their head
5. Hot Baths (just had one....it was awesome)
6. The creator of Lush who created the lovely little balls that you put in your bath (didn't have one of those tonight....thats a special weekend treat)
7. The random stores that play Christmas Music right after Halloween....I don't judge when it comes to Christmas music
8. When the light bulb turns on with patients in therapy
9. The Green House Effect in your car on a hot day. Absolute bliss.
10. Seeing old couples (like real old) holding hands....precious, just precious.
11. When your all time favorite song randomly comes on (Mine would be Shiver by Coldplay)
12. The crazy amount of "best friends" I have. I had to start giving them longer titles, such as "Best Friend from Home," or "Best Girl Friends from College," or "Grad School Best Friend," or "Best BEST Friend (you know who you are)." The list just goes on and on.
13. Random texts from my brother with the greatest questions. Like "Hey Ash, is it okay to wash sheets?" or "Hey Ash, is it okay to put ice in wine? Or is that too trashy?" or "Hey Ash, how important is Health Insurance? Do I really need it while I'm in college?"
14. Hugs....hugs from anyone really (okay maybe not anyone). A good solid hug is the best thing ever.
16. People smiling. It's so simple yet so many people don't do it. When I find those people that don't smile (like doctors at the hospital....they're notorious non-smilers geez) I like to make it a mission to eventually get them to smile at me. Maybe thats why I smile literally all the time! It makes my day better so I figure it might make other people's days better.
I would love to know how God shows you he loves you :)