Sunday, November 21, 2010

Merry Christmas!!!



Ever since the brief moment we had of snow, I have had Christmas on the brain! Every year I make myself wait till after Thanksgiving to go full out Christmas Crazy because that is what is accepted. Well this year I simply said screw that (excuse my french)! If I want to start celebrating Christmas, then I can. The wonderful weather we had this weekend (in the 70s...really?) tried to deter my decorating plans, but it did not succeed!.

First I figured out how to u
se my fireplace. Seems simple. Well maybe for you. After many failed attempts I just finally went out and bought a starter log. A fire is a fire...who cares if you cheat a little bit. I hung my lonely little stocking made for me in college by one of my best friends Emily. I also changed out my Scentsy warmers for Christmas scents (Cozy Fireside and Rustic Lodge mmmm.....)


My Mom is the best wreath designer I know so she made me this one a few years back. It's looking a little shabby after being stuffed in quite a few boxes and going through quite a few moves. A few pine cones are missing, but the glue still remains. Mom- we might need to make this a Thanksgiving project :)


Next I busted out the Christmas tree. My favorite part! Luckily it's already pre-lit or it wouldn't be my favorite part. Even better was when I opened the box of ornaments I realized I had left all the hooks from last year on the ornaments....such a smart girl I am! And yes...that is an elf hat as my tree topper - don't be jealous.

The reason why I love putting up the christmas tree is because I get to see all my favorite ornaments. I don't have too many, but here are a few of my favorites. This handsome little ice cube snow man was given to me by my best friend Jaclyn our sophomore year of college (2005 - sheesh that seems like a long time ago). His name is Frank.

I have a tiny obsession with pigs. Well fake ones....or miniature ones. I bought this one last year to start my ornament collecting. He has shoes on....thats awesome.

And this year I bought an ornament to signify my time here in Amarillo. It's a cow because this place always smells like cow poo...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!

And for those of you who live in Amarillo...

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!

2 comments:

  1. YAY for Christmas! I've been listening to Christmas music since about...OCTOBER! Don't tell anyone though. AND, I lost my ice cube santa ornament thing in my final move from waco to Houston...ugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I am going to try today to at least grab all my decorations from my parent's house. Maybe you will add a Houston ornament in the near future!!!!

    ReplyDelete