Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Concert Fever!

I've been bit by the concert bug....and it's bad.  To say I love music is an understatement.  Not everyone shares my awesome music tastes (tragic really), but I decided to bombard you with it anyways.  This past weekend was a major music filled weekend!  Friday night I went to the Norman Music Festival (a yearly tradition with my sweet friend Christie) and it did not disappoint.  Well other than the fact that the lead singer of the main band we were going to see canceled the show...supposedly overdosed...kind of puts a damper on things.  Now my favorite part is not the music.  O no....its the people watching.  NMF brings out Oklahoma's finest!  Lots of hair colors, awkwardly placed piercings, dreads, interesting clothing, lack of clothing....you know the works.  Sadly I did not get any pictures.  For that you have my sincerest apologies because you sure are missing out!

Then on Saturday one of my best friends, Brian, took me to one of my favorite bands...
The Black Keys!
  
They really put on one of the best shows I've been to in a while.  Plus they had a ginormous disco ball...you can never go wrong with a disco ball.
And this concert has started concert fever.  

Highly anticipated concerts coming to Dallas 
(and I will be attending all of these...or at least I hope to)! 

May 19 : Dave Matthews Band
May 30 : Margot and the Nuclear So & So's
June 1 : The Lumineers
June 7:  Head & the Heart

And the BEST concert of all is :  
COLDPLAY on June 22

Feel free to tag along!

2 comments: