Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Just Plain Silly


So I decided this morning to run my first 1/2 marathon. You might be thinking, "Is this girl crazy?!?" I'll answer that for you. Yes. I had planned on doing an awesome 1/2 marathon about this time last year in California (sweetness), but we had some family matters we needed to tend to and my 1/2 marathon dream (or nightmare) was put on hold. So now it's attempt numero 2. I'm pretty sure at this point people are already up to 4-5 miles at least. Well I'm practically starting out at point zero. I'm not a runner. Never have I been a runner. So this will be an interesting few months working my way up to 13.1 miles.

On a side note....how silly is 13.1 miles?!? Does that .1 really make a difference? No it doesn't. It's just plain silly. Silly I tell you!


2 comments:

  1. The .1 is the longest part of the whole damn thing. I'm excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are nuts but that is why we are friends! Good luck! Jenny is running a half marathon as well, if you need any tips she has been training quite a bit, she might have some ideas.

    ReplyDelete